"Play dough is always a huge hit around here and we decided to put a festive spin on it! We took our go-to recipe and added some cocoa powder to create hot cocoa dough and we are sharing that with you today!
Creating these play dough trays happen to be one of my favorite things and I was excited to put together this one for Juliette and one of her friends, Nathaniel!
• hot cocoa play dough
• rolling pin
• wooden spoon
• small Starbucks cups + sticks
• chocolate bar cookie cutter
• marshmallows (as a tasty treat!)
We invited our good friends over for a morning playdate – and it was no surprise that my princess had to dress up for the occasion! It is rare that we go a day without putting on one of our beloved Little Adventures Dress Up dresses and this morning she chose her Winter Beauty ensemble!
What a fun morning! I will include the play dough recipe down below. Please tag @lifeofcoco_ and @littleadventuresdressups if you try it, we would love to see your creations!
Recipe for coco play dough below.
1 Cup flour
1 cup water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/3 cup salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tsp cocoa powder
Brown food coloring
1. Mix together all the ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan
2. Cook over low/medium heat, stirring
3. Continue stirring until the mixture is thickened and begins to gather around the spoon.
4. Remove the dough onto wax paper or a plate to cool."
Our winter beauty dress featured in this post can be found here!